Friday, September 9, 2011

Signs Are Posted




3.2M gallons of raw sewage poured into the ocean at the lagoon mouth at Torrey Pines State Beach when power outage caused the sewage pump stations to fail.

And yet there are 3 idiots in the water. I told one guy who was suiting up about the spill and closure and he just shrugged and continued putting on his wet suit. Incredible. Just fracking incredible.

The surf: lots of surface bump, waist high wind swell with poor shape. Line up is cluttered with toilet paper and brown trout. I'm standing here talking with the same guy (and a friend now) surfboard in hand, determined to go out. His excuse was he grew up in New Jersey.

I managed to talk them out of going out, whew. Feel like I need to stand here at the ramp all day blocking access.


Have a good one
Aloha
Gary


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment