Friday, August 12, 2011

Photos from the Morning Session at Del Mar!

A set pushing through the glass

The conditions this morning were prototypical summer in SoCal.  Warm water, waist, maybe chest high glass with both the reef and the inside working.  Long, long lulls and then 3 to 4 wave sets swinging in from the south.  Incoming tide, friendly crowd but no sun.  It looked so nice that I decided to squeeze in a photo session before I went out.  So, from my perspective, it was a perfect set up; photos and a surf session in one morning.  Ahh, life if good.


Do you notice anything different about Luke in this photo?  He was about 60 minutes away from finding out that he just got a position as the Music Director of the Coronado School of the Arts.  He must have sensed to good news coming his way!

Here we have a rare sighting of Ken surfing during daylight hours.  I've been trying to get a photo of him for a long time but he only surfs in the dark and I couldn't find any infrared film.  

Ken, coming off the bottom in a rare daylight session

Same wave a little further down the road.  Nice!

Chuck likes his new board.  He was dominating this morning


Unknown on a snappy inside section

Is this a pigdog?  Nice wave.

The inside was producing some tasty lefts this morning

When I paddled out later in the morning I told this guy I had taken some photos of him

he said "Why?  I haven't surfed in over a year"  Could have fooled me.
Have a good one
Aloha
Gary
All photos copyright Gary Erbeck
garyerbeck@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment