Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Photos from A.M. Surf Session at 15th Street

It was really, really crowded but the waves were not too shabby.  Not epic or anything but definitely a good  ride; if you could thread through the crowd on the inside.  The sets were pretty consistently every 5-6 minutes.  The largest of them were long walls without much shape but just to the south of the reef there was a really nice left peeling for about 100 yards or so.  Reid (sorry if I spelled your name wrong; you can correct me later) was getting most of those.

Long boards, short boards, tweener boards, boogie boards; you name it, it was in the water this morning.  I actually had a boogie boarder drop in on me yesterday!  I just pretended like I didn't see him; he got out of the way in a hurry.

Anyway, tomorrow is supposed to be just as big if not bigger, but the conditions might be changing some.  Check it out if you have a chance.

On another note, the UT reported this morning that Linda Benson has decided not to hold the women's long board contest at Swami's.  She said she came to that decision after a discussion with Brother Anilananda from the Self Realization Fellowship.  Is it just me, or is this the kind of ground work that gets done at the beginning of a process and not at the tail end?  I mean she got everybody wrapped around the axle; caused the City of Encinitas to spend more than a little money analyzing her proposal and having it on at least two city council agendas.  Then says; "never mind".

Aloha
Gary

No comments:

Post a Comment