Monday, May 24, 2010

100th Post!

I noticed that this morning's post to the CSSR was #99 so I started thinking about what I was going to do for the 100th.  I was thinking that the wave quality at Del Mar has really deteriorated in the past year (don't exactly know why but I'm sure you all will let me know your opinion) so I wasn't going to find what I was looking for there anytime soon.

As I drove away from 15th street I kept having images of Blacks flash through my mind.  Conditions (sunny, good tide, North East winds and some swell left) seemed about right but did I want to make the hike down the road to find out; cause it's an even longer hike back up (at least it seems so)!  I finally convinced myself that even if it wasn't 100th post good there, the scenery and views would be worth it.

I met up with several folks on their way back up the road as I was meandering down it.  They all said it was seriously fun with some great offshores hollowing it out some.  Got down to the beach at around 7:45 and by 9 the winds had turned onshore but there were some great waves and rides for that short period of time.  I managed to burn through about 250 frames and these are the best of them.

Thanks to all for your support of CSSR and I hope you enjoy these photos of Black's on my 100th post.

Aloha
Gary

No comments:

Post a Comment