Monday, August 16, 2010

Looking for a Weekend Event?

Then you might want to mark your calendars for the 17th annual Luau and Longboard Invitational surfing contest and luau on Sunday, August 22nd just south of Scripps pier. The longboard invitational pairs a surfing legend (think Skip Frye and David Nuuhiwa) with a team of four local surfers.  The event has raised more than $4.7 million as a fundraiser for the Moores UCSD Cancer Center. Check it out!ions out there but there are some peaks to slide into every now and again. Water temps have not recovered and are hanging in there right around 60 degrees. But the lack of wind helps.

On to the surf report.  2-3 feet, with good (glassy) surface conditions.  A lot of different swell directions in the water but there were still some peaks to slide into every now and then.  I genuinely like surfing with the Powerhouse Surfing Association crew, but as I was walking down the ramp to go out this morning and saw that I was going to be the only one; THE ONLY ONE, in the water I couldn't believe my good fortune!  I had it all to myself (except for a few alien creatures) for about 45 minutes;  it was great, great, great.

Have a good one
Aloha
Gary

No comments:

Post a Comment